Anker® Ultra Slim Mini Bluetooth 3.0 Wireless Keyboard

Anker keyboard shown with Anker aluminum multi-angle stand for tablets and smartphones


WHAT IS IT:  Bluetooth Apple-compatible mini keyboard

NEW, FUTURE or RETRO:  Very new

PREVIEW or REVIEW:  review

HOW GOOD IT IS: I have just found my new favorite Bluetooth keyboard and it’s from the folks at Anker.

This is my sixth Bluetooth keyboard so far and by a wide measure the first that has the feel of a full-sized desktop keyboard.  The keys themselves are very large, with what I would consider an ideal keystroke (the amount of travel from touch to execution).  They have absolutely no particular sweet spot, which is exactly what you want in a keyboard … tap the key in the center, edge, corner, it doesn’t make any difference, the feel is perfect every time.


To look at it you would think it cost $50 - $75 but it is only a fraction of that price with its classic subtle silver and matte white finish.  I simply can’t figure out why someone would purposely pay more for the similar looking one that is sold by the other brand that starts with “A”.  For all I know they are both made in the same factory.

For me the age of mobile computing is really beginning to start.  Using a computer to write is everything to me, I spend all day and half the night at a keyboard.  That’s why I still use a desktop computer.  Laptops are an acceptable alternative if they have good keyboards but there are too many compromises that are associated with laptops, including short battery life and despite all of the modern technology they are still too heavy and you need to carry the power supply when you’re traveling.

I love tablets but the virtual keyboards are useless to someone who needs to tap out more than a quick text message or email.  And as I inferred above, most small Bluetooth keyboards don’t have the right touch for someone who types a lot of text.

SIMILAR TO: Apple Wireless Keyboard $69.00

DO YOU NEED IT:  Goodbye laptop.  My travel solution now consists of three things … an iPad, an Anker Bluetooth keyboard and an Anker aluminum stand which folds into almost nothing.  Total weight?  1574g or about 3.5 lbs.  (yes, the Anker keyboard is slightly heavier than an iPad).  And the look?  Drool-worthy stunning!

HOW IT IMPACTS YOU:  The world has changed. Much of our connectivity is now by way of our smartphones and tablets. Some say the PC is already dead with the laptop not far behind. But what if you're writing the greatest novel of all time while sitting on a deserted tropical beach? I think this solution works. All of the power and coolness of an iPad with the supreme ergonomics of a real keyboard. Yep, I think Anker scores again!

COMMENTS:  Anker was kind enough to let me try one of these for evaluation.  This site never is influenced by whether we buy our toys at retail or are shipped a sample we requested.

TECH TOY WIZARD RATING:    5/5

WEBSITE:  Official Anker website

BUYING OPTIONS:  Buy it at Amazon

SEE IT IN MOTION:  Coming soon

Share this with your Facebook friends by clicking  f   in the comments box below

No comments:

Post a Comment